Saturday, December 23, 2017

Countdown to Christmas with Not Just Scraps ~ Merry Christmas!

Countdown to Christmas
with Not Just Scraps
Merry Christmas!

Thank you for joining me today for the FINAL posting 
in my series,
COUNTDOWN  TO CHRISTMAS WITH NOT JUST SCRAPS.
 I have really enjoyed sharing my cards each day with you and appreciate each of your comments and encouraging words.

Today's posting is not a card ~ but is the posting of my traditional Christmas ornament for 2017.  A tradition started many years ago by my mother.  Each year she would make a special ornament for my brother and I so that when we left home and started our adult life, we would have a box of ornaments to start our own Christmas tree.  I continued that tradition for my children and somewhere along the way it expanded to grandchildren and close friends.  My ornament list now is at about 40 each year!  

This year I used one of the ideas from the Whimsy Retreat I attended in October, which was designed by Iris Wiechmann, and modified it slightly to fit my family and friends.  This is the original one I made and submitted for a Unity DIY project with a few directions to follow, then below that you'll see several other photos of the different designs that I also made. 


This window tag/ornament is made using the Whimsy stitched tag die with a small rectangle die taped inside to get the front piece.
Hand cut a rectangle of acetate slightly larger than the window opening and glue to the front.  
Then cut a second die shaped tag out of white craft foam.
The pressure from the die may stretch the foam slightly.  
If it does, when you glue it to the front, line up the inside rectangle and push the excess toward the outside.  You can easily trim off the excess around the outside edge.
Lay this down and put about half a teaspoonful of confetti of your choice in the window.  
Remove the center die and cut one solid tag for the back of the ornament.  
After putting the confetti in the window, apply glue to the foam and then align the back on the tag, putting slight pressure on it for several seconds until the glue can set.
Then you can flip it over and add your ribbon and decoration to the front. Now isn't that the cutest shaker tag/ornament you've seen!

Here are some of the other designs I made for my family and close friends.






And just when I thought I was through... I decided to make 15 more for the ladies in my church Mission group.


What a great project this was!  Thank you for stopping by and following this series.  It has been a pleasure to share 20 days of Christmas cards with you this year. 
Don't forget to comment so you can be in the drawing for the prize after Christmas.  
Serving a Risen Savior, Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment