Friday, December 1, 2017

Countdown to Christmas with Not Just Scraps

Thanks for popping in on December 1st as I begin my 
Countdown to Christmas 
Each day, with the exception of Sunday's day of worship and rest, 
I plan to bring you a different handmade Christmas card
with general instructions.
ALL WHO COMMENT HERE or on the Facebook page
NOT JUST SCRAPS, will be entered into a drawing
for a prize pack of card making supplies. 
So be sure to comment every day to increase your chances to win!

My first card to share with you is the one I made especially for my four year old Grandson, who loves dragons and dinosaurs.
I am particularly fond of two stamp companies (Unity and Whimsy) so Crissy Armstrong's, Bart's Christmas Lights image was the perfect stamp for this card.


I selected non traditional bright colors knowing the card was going to a younger child.  The MERRY was actually a Stampin Up single stamp that didn't stand out enough, so I cut the letters apart and added Stickles and changed the design to a banner. 
It's a bit hard to tell from the photo ... you might think I didn't stay in the lines on the string of lights.  However, if you could see the card up close, I used the 'glow' technique that Crissy Armstrong taught us at the annual retreat.  If you use Copic markers and would like to know about this technique, just let me know.  
The card base turned out to be 5 1/2 x 6, as with most Whimsy card, the larger images require a slightly larger card base.  In this case another added advantage for younger hands. 
I can't wait to hand deliver this one!

Thank you for stopping by today - Be sure to comment here or on Not Just Scraps (Facebook).
Serving a Risen Savior ~ Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites:


No comments:

Post a Comment